EYCTC Committee “Coping with Covid Protocol”
As a committee we have decided to make a formal statement about how we think members should behave in a situation that may develop now that lockdown has been eased.
This is the protocol that we have devised:
As an organised group we have a responsibility to ourselves, to others, to Cycling UK, to the
cycling community at large and of course to the general public.
This is what we suggest:
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Being “Pinged” by the NHS Covid App.
• Being contacted by Test & Trace.
• Having a “ZOE” trigger to get a test (those participating in that or any similar trial or research project).
• Having any symptoms that MIGHT be Covid-related.
• Are awaiting the result of a PCR test.
• Having any reason to take or request a test
DON’T RIDE WITH OTHERS UNTIL YOU HAVE (subsequently) HAD A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT AND HAVE SAT OUT ANY RECOMMENDED / ISOLATION / QUARANTINE PERIOD.
We hope that this will cover all eventualities and avoid us having to suspend organised club rides.
This protocol may need tweaking from time to time as the pandemic runs its course.
A pdf version is available CopingWcovid4Pubn (1)