East Yorks CTC proposed "informal" rides from 1st April 2021.
Please note that we are not committing ourselves to running these as circumstances may make that impractical.
Groups will be strictly limited to 6 people maximum although there may be more than one such group of six on a given day.
Rides will NOT be led in the traditional sense of the word.
It is advisable for individuals to satisfy themselves in advance about the availability of drinks etc at the destination, and pack-ups may be advisable on some days.
Suggested Sunday Rides - April 2021 ( Informal ).
(Please read notes above)
|Sunday Rides - April 2021|
|Date||Suggested Destinations Sunday's||LEADER||MEETING||Start Time|
|4th April ***||Mappleton||Informal||Skidby||10.00am|
|25th April||Bell Mills||"||Skidby||10.00am|
|***||N.B. 4th April is Easter Sunday|
Conduct and Safe Riding
All cyclists are cordially invited to join the rides. Riders should carry at least a basic tool kit, waterproofs, drink, emergency food (e.g. energy bars or dried fruit) and from October to March, lights.
For the benefit of all riders, please remember these points for safe cycling in a group:-
- Never ride more than two abreast and in groups of more than 10.
- Give a verbal warning when approaching an obstruction, slowing down or stopping.
- Give warning of approaching traffic on narrow roads and single out.
- If you overtake a leader on a hill, wait at the top or at the first junction.
- If you have having difficulty with the pace, tell the leader.
- If you decide to abandon the ride and do your own thing – please tell someone.