Planned rides Thursday's & Sunday's
If you are using a pdf version of the rides list, please make sure it is up to date, as some rides are changing at short notice.
Please note, that from 1st April Sunday rides will begin at 9.30. Thursday rides will continue to start at 10.00.
May / June Rides
|1st May||Sunday||Informal (Bank Holiday W/End)||Skidby||9.30 am|
|5th May||Thursday||Allerthorpe||Skidby||10.00 am|
|6/14th May||One Week||Holiday to Villedieu Le Poeles, France|
|7/8th May||Sat/Sun||Coxwold Weekend|
|12th May||Thursday||Rhododendron Ride/Twigmoor Woods||Humber Bridge||10.00 am||Alan/Linda|
|15th May||Sunday||Millington||Beverley - Market Cross||9.30 am|
|19thMay||Thursday||Hornsea - Floral Hall.||China Red||10.00 am||Phil.|
|22nd May||Sunday||AGM - Springhead Golf Club||Springhead||9.30 am||Sheila|
|Short ride before a free Buffet 12.30am||Golf Club|
|AGM starts at 1 0'clock||Willerby Road|
|26th May||Thursday||Howsham||Humber Bridge||10.00 am||Alan|
|29th May||Sunday||MA Ride Driffield - Hunmanby||Driffield||10.00 am||John|
|Sunday||Bell Mills||Skidby||9.30 am|
|1st June||Wednesday||Queens Platinum Jubilee Ride||Skidby||10.00 am||Sheila|
|The Gnu Inn - North Newbald|
|Booking necessary (Buffet Subsidised)|
|5th June||Sunday||Informal - Platinum Jubilee Weekend||Skidby||9.30 am|
|6/12 June||NATIONAL BIKE WEEK|
|9th June||Thursday||Gilberdyke||Skidby||10.00 am||David C|
|12th June||Sunday||MA Sledmere - Dalby Forest||Sledmere||10.00 am||John|
|16th June||Thursday||Mappleton||China Red||10.00 am|
|18/19 June||Sat/Sun||York Rally Weekend|
|19th June||Sunday||Messingham||Humber Bridge||9.30 am||Alan|
|23rd June||Thursday||Kilnwick Percy (Peace Cafe)||Skidby||10.00 am||Phil.|
Download printable version (pdf) - Rides May June 2022
(Note - pdfs are not always up to date - Check website & whatsapp).
Conduct and Safe Riding
All cyclists are cordially invited to join the rides. Riders should carry at least a basic tool kit, waterproofs, drink, emergency food (e.g. energy bars or dried fruit) and from October to March, lights.
For the benefit of all riders, please remember these points for safe cycling in a group:-
1. Please treat ALL other road users with the same courtesy and consideration that you would expect to receive from them. Never deliberately antagonise other road users.
2. Never ride more than two abreast and in groups of more than 10.
3. Give a verbal warning when approaching an obstruction, slowing down or stopping.
4. Give warning of approaching traffic on narrow roads and single out.
5. If you overtake a leader on a hill, wait at the top or at the first junction.
6. If you have having difficulty with the pace, tell the leader.
7. If you decide to abandon the ride and do your own thing – please tell someone.