December / January rides.
These are provisional ideas, if members have any suggestions or comments, please let one of the 'rides group' know.
Rides will start at 10:00 am during December & January, unless otherwise stated.
Always try to check the Whatsapp group, as weather conditions may affect the ride listed.
|3rd Dec||Sunday||Christmas lunch|
|pre-lunch ride - (10 ~20 miles)||Bev mkt X||10:00||Dave|
|7th Dec||Thursday||Hutton Cranswick||Skidby||10:00||Phil|
|10th Dec||Sunday||Bell Mills (leaving Berts at 11am)||Berts||11:00||John|
|14th Dec||Thursday||North Dalton village hall - open.||Skidby||10:00|
|Donna Nook seal sanctuary||M.A.||TBA||Nige|
|24th Dec||Sunday||informal - see whatsapp|
|28th Dec||Thursday||informal - see whatsapp|
|31st Dec||Sunday||informal - see whatsapp|
|7th Jan||Sunday||Fiddle Drill / M. Weighton||Skidby||10:00||Tracey|
|11th Jan||Thursday||N.Dalton open||10:00|
|14th Jan||Sunday||Zoom café.||Skidby||10:00||Linda|
3rd Dec - Dave Berger is leading a short pre-Xmas lunch ride from Beverley market cross at 10 am.
14th Dec - Motor assisted ride to Donna Nook seal sanctuary. Details available later.
Conduct and Safe Riding
All cyclists are cordially invited to join the rides. Riders should carry at least a basic tool kit, waterproofs, drink, emergency food (e.g. energy bars or dried fruit) and from October to March, lights.
For the benefit of all riders, please remember these points for safe cycling in a group:-
1. Please treat ALL other road users with the same courtesy and consideration that you would expect to receive from them. Never deliberately antagonise other road users.
2. Never ride more than two abreast and in groups of more than 10.
3. Give a verbal warning when approaching an obstruction, slowing down or stopping.
4. Give warning of approaching traffic on narrow roads and single out.
5. If you overtake a leader on a hill, wait at the top or at the first junction.
6. If you have having difficulty with the pace, tell the leader.
7. If you decide to abandon the ride and do your own thing – please tell someone.
If you have any issues with other members of the group please speak to our safeguarding officer (Chris) who will discuss this with you.